I am now in full training mode and my week's commitments revolve around my walks. My eating has now changed and I am eating more complex carbohydrates to give a slower release of energy. I am now testing a variety of sweets (any excuse!!) to see which ones will give us a much needed sugar rush on the night. ( I read on a website that about 2am - 3am you tend to hit a low, which coincides with walking through residential areas and therefore we won't be able to sing along to pep ourselves up).
22 April
I did my first lengthy walk on my own (16 miles). I was very apprehensive but I think that walking with my sister last week enabled me to make the jump from 7-8 miles up to 14-16 miles). I also borrowed some talking books and downloaded them on to my iPod and after I was in full stride (about 30 minutes) I listened to the book which was great.
I will not walk on country roads by myself so have been driving round to work out routes and mileage and now have a good idea of where I can walk.
Wednesday and Friday I have had 7 mile walks and my legs are not aching quite so much now.
I have another 16 mile walk this weekend but have not planned a specific route yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment